How to modify Delphi 10.3.3 IDE font and font size
Prior to Delphi 10.2.2, fonts and font sizes could be modified through the system registry keys set by the
IDE, as the theme was added to the Delphi 10.2.2 IDE and the theme contained font information. This method has no effect. For high-resolution screens, when the Windows font is scaled to 125%, 200% or higher, the default font is too small. It was not until yesterday that Delphi 10.3.3 was released that this problem was solved.
There are two ways to modify the system registry:
- Create a registry script file and execute it.
- Use the manual modification of the system registry regedit.
Method 1: Create a registry file
1. Create a new text document and copy the following text into it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\ 20.0 \Theme] " Enabled " =dword: 00000001 " FontName " = " Segoe UI " " FontSize " =dword:0000000b
Where FontSize = dword:0000000b is 11 in hexadecimal, the default value is 9, and FontName is the font name, you can modify the font you want.
2. Save as a .regdocument with an extension, such as IDEFont.reg.
3. Double-click to execute IDEFont.reg to import the registry. A warning about changing the registry may appear. You must accept it to apply the changes.
Note: You may need administrator privileges to execute the registry script file. If the IDE is open when setting or changing the registry value, you must restart the IDE for these values to take effect.
Method 2: Manually modify the registry key
- Open the system registry ( type regeditin the search bar on the Windows Start menu )
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\Theme and modify FontSize. The default is font number 9.